Thursday, July 14, 2011

Put an end to Racism

I can't help but notice that racism is still haunting many lives. One would think that racism would've been disintegrated a long time ago, considering the fact that it's now 2011. However, I pretty much see racism everywhere I go. Growing up my parents always told me to never use the word "hate" because it was a strong and distasteful word. Well Mom & Dad, I have to rebel and admit that I hate racism. I will never understand what goes through a racist person's mind for them to have such a dislike towards people of different ethnicites and color. We're all human beings at the end of the day so what does it matter if the boy sitting next to you is black or the girl sitting behind you is white? The color of your skin does not determine who you are, what's on the inside should count. Well, at least to me. It's up to you to decide how you feel about racism. If you don't like it being done to you, don't do it to others. Quit the hate & reunite! :)

"When you call yourself an Indian or a Muslim or a Christian or a European, or anything else, you are being violent. Do you see why it is violent? Because you are separating yourself from the rest of mankind.
When you separate yourself by belief, by nationality, by tradition, it breeds violence. So a man who is seeking to understand violence does not belong to any country, to any religion, to any political party or partial system; he is concerned with the total understanding of mankind." - Jiddu Krishnamurti

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE

Mars. said...

thanks. <3

Anonymous said...

Great post! Hold it down in NYC!

Anonymous said...

where is the love button?! truly amazing. smart, smart girl

Mars. said...

thank you both! appreciate it. <3